If you checked out via PayPal you received an email receipt for the payment you sent to the seller because this payment was processed using PayPal.
Included in this email receipt is a Sign Up link to help you create a PayPal account. The Sign up link takes you to the PayPal website. Enter your information and follow the instructions to create your PayPal account.
*Please note, you are not required to attach a card or bank account to this PayPal account, it is simply used for dispute purposes. By using the Sign Up button on the receipt you are attaching the transaction ID to your new account.
Once registered, follow these steps to open a dispute:
- Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
- Click Resolution Center at the top of the page.
- You will have the option of:
- Clicking the Dispute a Transaction button,
- Clicking the Report a Problem tab and then clicking the Report a Problem button.
- Change the dates in the drop-down to find the transaction and click Search.
- Click the transaction ID.
If you do not wish to create a PayPal account, you may contact their support line at 1 (888) 221-1161 to file a dispute.