This article is intended for those who already have a datafeed which meets our requirements and are ready to create product listings. If you need assistance with your datafeed, take a look at this article instead which has our datafeed template as well as information on which kinds of data are required.
The Datafeed Manager can be found under the "Products" menu in your dashboard. Alternatively, the direct URL can be found at: https://www.pricefalls.com/bulklister/manager
The Datafeed Manager allows you to setup a datafeed profile which is simply the instructions on how your datafeed should be read by Pricefalls. Pricefalls is very adaptive in what kinds of datafeeds can be accepted but it is important that the required data is provided and you properly configure your datafeed profile so that your listings are created as anticipated.
The first part of the Datafeed Manager is asking if you are wanting to setup a new datafeed profile or edit an existing one. For the purposes of this article, we are assuming you are creating a new datafeed profile but know that you can select an existing profile if you need to make changes later on.
You will want to select the "Custom Format" Feed Column Format. The other options are preset templates, that should only be used if you are using that specific format. If you are unsure, make sure to use the "Custom Format" profile. Afterwards. enter a profile name of your choosing.
Uploading your datafeed is the next step. This can be done by clicking on the green "+Add Datafeed" button and selecting the appropriate file off your computer. Your datafeed will need to be fully uploaded before you can proceed to the next page.
To download your datafeed in your browser, using your FTP account credentials, go to:
- Your file should automatically download. If not, right click and select "Save As" to download the file.
- You can also use a program like FileZilla to log into the FTP and retrieve the file at any time.
As your file is being uploaded, you can proceed to the rest of the setup on the page.
- Product Condition
- Product Quantity
- Listing Duration
- Adjust Product Pricing
- Close Items Not In My Feed - Toggle this on if your datafeed contains all of your products.
Once you your datafeed upload is complete and you have configured the mentioned options as needed, you can proceed on to the next page.
Map your Feed Column Headers
This section is where you will specify which column in your datafeed corresponds to each data type. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). The most common fields are shown by default but you can click on the "Expand" to reveal all other fields.
You can click on the question mark next to each field for a brief description.
It is important that you try to include as much product data as possible and not just restrict yourself to only the required fields. As such, you want to ensure you map all of the columns in your datafeed accurately.
After this step there are a number of advanced settings which can be setup if you require them. The most commonly used are Advanced Categories, Titles, Descriptions and Additional Product Attributes. Review over each segment and make the appropriate selection based on your needs.
Once everything is setup as you would like, proceed to the next page.
- Pricefalls Category Structure - Use this option if you have provided Pricefalls categories in your datafeed for your products. If needed, you can find a copy of our complete taxonomy here.
- I would like to upload a category map - If you are using your own category structure, it will need to be converted over to our own taxonomy via a category map file. You can find our article on how to create a category map here. If you require assistance with this, it is recommended you contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I would like to use a single Pricefalls category for all of my products - If all of your products fall under the same category, you can select this option and specify the category you wish to use. Please note that this option will apply the selected to all products you upload so ensure that all of your products fall under a single category before moving forward with this option.
Once you have selected the desired option, move on the the next page.
Schedule Automatic Feed Processing
If you will be keeping your datafeed on an FTP or HTTP location you can setup an automation schedule to have this file pulled daily in order to keep your listings up to date. Otherwise, you can skip this step and proceed to the confirmation screen.
If needed, we can provide you with an FTP location to host your datafeed. Simply contact our merchant support team at email@example.com to request this.
You can configure your datafeed schedule at any time without having to go through the datafeed manager by going to "Datafeed Schedule" under the products menu in your dashboard.
Review & Confirm
The final page of the Datafeed manager is a confirmation screen before proceeding to processing your datafeed. Be sure to review over your selected settings and make sure everything looks correct. Once you are ready, check the two confirmation boxes and proceed. If successful, you will be returned to your seller's dashboard.
Now that your datafeed has been submitted and your profile created, the Pricefalls system will attempt to create your listings. Your initial upload will always take the longest to complete and will range from thirty minutes to a few hours depending on the number of products being submitted.
Within an hour, you should see an initial processing report be populated in your dashboard. This can be found on the "Datafeed Processing Results" page under the "Products" menu. Review this over for any errors which may have been returned and make the necessary corrections in your datafeed.
It is not necessary to go through the datafeed manager every time you want to upload a datafeed. As long as the datafeed you are uploading matches profile you created, you can just upload the file for immediate processing here in your dashboard.
If you require any assistance with your datafeed or working through the datafeed manager, just reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to better assist you, make sure you do the following:
- Contact us from an email address associated with your storefront.
- Provide a copy of the datafeed you are working with.
- Specify which step you need assistance with.
- If you are getting any error messages, please include the details.